This savory school lunch is a crowd pleaser that can be modified to be made with or without the added seeds and veggies- they are delicious either way!
- 2 cups macaroni pasta
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 tbs plain or tapioca flour
- 1/2tbs white chia seeds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 small zucchini
- 50g roughly chopped deli ham
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- cook macaroni to packet directions and pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees fan-forced. Line a muffin tin with paper cups or baking paper.
- grate zucchini and blitz cauliflower in a chopper or food processor. Squeeze as much liquid out of the zucchini as possible. Saute in 1 tbs olive oil over medium heat
- Gently heat milk in a pot over low heat. Add flour and whisk until smooth consistency.
- Combine milk mixture, sautéed veggies, chia seeds, macaroni and 1.5 cups grated cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Divide mixture into muffin cups. Top with the remainder of the grated cheese
- Oven bake for 15 minutes, serve hot or cold.