Most of us are in need of quick and easy meals throughout the week. Often we get caught up with the idea that people need to spend hours in the kitchen to prepare a ‘healthy’ meal. The good news is that you don’t need to!
There’s so many food products out there to make your life easier, especially mid-week.
Here’s a favourite that I cook at least once week. With easy to prep veges and microwave rice, it’s a mid-week life saver.
Steamed Vegetables and Asian Style Salmon
Prep time: Under 5 mins
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
- 2 fillets of ‘Coles Cook Tasmanian Salmon Asian Style’*
- ‘Steam’ Vegetables – 2 sachets
- 1 Microwave Brown Rice and Quinoa cup
*The equivalent can be found it Coles or Aldi.
- Preheat oven to 160° fan forced.
- Cook Salmon in oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Microwave vegetables for 2 minutes.
- Microwave Rice and Quinoa cup for 1.5 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Top Tip: To add extra flavour, spread to rest of the marinade from the salmon on the vegetables.
By Emma Pearson, APD