By Caitlin Mannion, Dietitian
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled & grated
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1x 200g tin of salmon- boneless and skinless
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp dried coriander or 1 tbs fresh
- 3 eggs
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- greek yoghurt and spinach to serve (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sweet potato, salmon, corn, coriander, flour, cheese, shallots and eggs (pre-whisk these) and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Heat a 3 tbs of olive oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Cook mixture in 1/3 cupful serves at a time turning once after 4-5 minutes or golden brown. The mixture should make approximately 12-14 fritters
- Serve hot with Greek yoghurt and salad, 1 serve= 3 fritters, consider keeping them warm in the oven whilst cooking the whole batch.