This recipe is a great one to prep for work lunches or for a quick, meat-free winter weeknight meal.
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp chilli powder or flakes
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1 400g diced tomatoes
- ½ cup diced capsicum
- ¾ cup water
- 1 can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1x 400g can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season.
- Brown rice and quinoa to serve (optional)
- Heat 2 tbs olive oil in a deep frying pan
- Add the onion and fry until soft. Add the chilli and cumin, cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, cannellini beans, kidney beans and water and bring to the boil, stirring.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Add more water as desired if mixture becomes too dry.
- Serve on ½ cup brown rice and quinoa
By Caitlin Mannion, Dietitian