This delicious salad is one is perfect for those catering to those with intolerance’s this Christmas. This version makes a large salad for serving a crowd, divide recipe by half for a smaller group.
- 2 cups white long grain rice (uncooked)
- 1 red apple
- 1 Spanish onion
- 1 green capsicum
- 1 red capsicum
- 80g raisins/sultanas/currants
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 120g or 6tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs white vinegar
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1.5tbs sugar
- Cook rice to directions.
- While rice is cooking prepare dressing, parsley and fruit/vegetables.
- Finely dice apple, capsicums and onion.
- Dressing: combine garlic, oil, vinegar, curry powder and sugar.
- Transfer cooked rice to a large salad bowl.
- Mix apple, raisins or currants, capsicum, parsley and onion through the cooked rice
- Toss the dressing through the salad and serve cold.
By Caitlin Mannion, Dietitian- borrowed from mum 🙂