- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- Vegetables: ½ head of cauliflower or broccoli (cut into florets), 1 capsicum diced, 1 large zucchini diced, ¼ butternut pumpkin diced, 1 small brown onion finely diced
- 1 tin chickpeas 400g
- 1 ¾ cup vegetable stock (no added salt)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1tbs pine nuts (alternatively you may use sunflower seed or pepitas)
- Spray olive oil
- 1tbs flat leaf parsley torn
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Place all vegetables (except the onion) along with the chickpeas (rinsed) in a large mixing bowl
- Mix 1tsp of the paprika, 1 tsp of the cumin and the turmeric together and stir through the vegetables to coat
- Place vegetable spice mix onto a lined baking tray, spray with olive oil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Heat some more olive oil in a large frying pan and cook onion until brown, add garlic, ½ tsp cum and ½ tsp turmeric for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable stock, quinoa and mix well brining to the boil then simmer covered until the liquid is absorbed by the quinoa.
- Meanwhile toast pine nuts in oven for 5 minutes
- Mix oven baked vegetables into quinoa and stir through pine nuts and parsley