Serves 4 people
- 400g mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 400g tin of brown lentils (drained and rinsed)
- 375ml tin of Carnation Evaporated Milk. Coconut milk may be used as vegan alternative.
- 2tbs tomato paste no added salt
- 1 vegetable or chicken reduced salt stock cube
- 1tsp or cornflour or 2tsp tapioca flour
- 1tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Green veggies to serve
- Brown rice/long grain rice/pasta of choice/mashed potato to serve
- Optional: lemon zest and parsley to garnish
- Heat a large frying pan with 1tbs extra virgin olive oil and cook onion. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix corn or tapioca flour with 2 tbs water, add to frying pan
- Add evaporated milk, stock cube, tomato pasta, lentils and stir well. Bring to boil then allow to simmer for 15 minutes uncovered.
- Meanwhile cook rice/pasta to packet directions
- Serve stroganoff with rice/pasta and vegetables, garnish with parsley and lemon zest as desired.
By Caitlin Mannion, Dietitian