This recipe is packed full of vegetables, and a great family meat free meal option, with added spaghetti for the little ones.
- 1x onion- diced
- 2 carrots
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped or crushed
- 1 zucchini- diced
- 2 celery stalks- sliced
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 2x 400g tins of cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tins no added salt crushed tomatoes
- 1L of no added salt vegetable stock
- 150g spaghetti- snapped into thirds
- Extra virgin olive oil, pepper to taste
- Wholegrain or sourdough bread to serve
- In a large soup pot heat 2 tbs of olive oil on the stove-top medium-high heat.
- Prep/Chop/Dice all ingredients
- Add onion, garlic, carrot and celery to the pot and cook until browned
- Add tinned tomatoes and vegetable stock, bring to the boil
- Add spaghetti, cannellini beans, zucchini and cook until pasta is soft, then reduce to a simmer
- Add spinach and stir through, add pepper to taste. Serve with bread and cheese to top as desired.