- 400g tinned black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 cup whole rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, plus another 1/4 cup to top
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180°C.
- In a food processor or blender, process the oats into a flour. Place to one side.
- Combine the black beans and olive oil in the food processor or blender, and process until it forms a smooth paste with no lumps.
- Return the oat flour to the food processor, along with the bean paste, baking powder, sea salt, cocoa powder, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Process, slowly pouring the milk in until it forms a batter.
- Meanwhile, place a glass bowl over a saucepan with a little water in it. Heat over a medium-high flame until the water is boiling. Add dark chocolate to the bowl and stir regularly until it is melted. Once melted, slowly pour the chocolate into the batter and mix through.
- Pour mixture into a 20cm x 20cm square baking tray (or similar) lined with baking paper. Top with the remaining dark chocolate chips.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Leave to cool before slicing into 12 even portions.