These easy to make bites are a great way to merge fruit into a treat and may be great for little ones who are learning to love fruit or for bigger people who love a sweet snack!
- Fruit of choice, banana and strawberries work well
- dark chocolate melts~ 1/2 cup
- peanut butter, I used Mayver’s Dark Roast
- Slice banana into “coins” and strawberries in half
- Place a small dollop of peanut butter on one slice and place fruit together like a sandwich
- Melt chocolate bits in the microwave, being careful to not overheat
- Line a tray with baking paper
- Dip fruit sandwiches into chocolate so they are half coated and place on lined tray.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes of until chocolate is firm.
By Caitlin Mannion, Dietitian